[email protected] oregonchris@gmail.com is offline

Default Charger - House Bank Sizing

On Oct 2, 1:37 pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:

A wet cell battery can accept an average of 15% of it's AH capacity as
a recharge rate over the charging cycle.

Thus, a 400AH bank will accept 60A recharge average over the recharge
cycle.

Lew

Hi Lew:

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention,, yes I have four wet cell 6v
T-105s.

Another question...... is there a minimum Ah charge rate for a 3 step
charger? That is if I increase my house bank up to 600-800 Ah would it
freak out a 30 amp charger if the bank was down to 30% of capacity??
Some where I heard the charger may sense the " emptyness" and consider
it a short......

Any truth to this or just more dock talk?

Chris