Gregory McGuire

Default prop advise needed

Hello experienced boaters,

I have had my boat for a month now and out 4 times with it. The prop which
came with the boat has a ding in it, (had the ding when I got it.) I need
good advice on a new prop and maybe- maybe there is a deal out there for new
prop.
Or should I get my prop reconditioned by a prop shop. I live in the san
francisco bay area is there a prop shop nearby.
I have been using the boat for water skiing, and truthfully I am barely able
to get up on a single.
I weigh in at 165-170 currently.
There is this prop advertized on the internet he
http://www.piranhapropellers.com/PropDesign.htm
Actually it looks like a great invention.
Anybody ever used a piranha prop before - think this thing is any good?
Here is a picture of my prop with ding: 238924 bytes
http://users.rcn.com/neptunium/boat/prop.jpg
Here is evidence of cavitation eating away the metal of the prop 241514
bytes
http://users.rcn.com/neptunium/boat/prop1.jpg
Can an aluminum prop be repaired that has cavitation damage? And still run
good?

Advice on how to buy a prop? does the nada guides describe the boat with the
motor as a combined weight, or the boat with no motor - then add weight of
outboard motor.
boat is 1975 bayliner mutiny: nada guides says 900 lbs
engine is '85 90HP mercury: inline 6 = about 300 lbs

Greg