posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Joe's half-arsed new business venture . .

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looks like an abortion to me. Those huge pilothouse windows are a
hazard
to life and limb. The pilot house ruins the lines of the boat.

Can't you pretend you know something about boats, like Jeff...rather
than constantly soiling yourself with turds of ignorance for all to
witness?
That's NOT a pilothouse. It's a raised deck salon. A pilothouse has a
steering station with proper views, while a raised deck salon is often
a dining area with proper views.

It doesn't matter to me if they put a dinette and galley inside the
pilot house or a steering station, it's still an ugly pilothouse. You
call it a raised deck saloon if you want but that just goes to show you
got sucked into the marketing for female buyers. C'mon, Mr. Mom, try
thinking like a man for once.

An ugly pilothouse, provided it contains a steering station, can at
least be justified by saying utility over appearance. It's still ugly
but at least it's functional. Your raised deck saloon in still just as
ugly but it's ludicrous - an entertainment center that jeopardizes the
safety of the vessel as well as making it look butt ugly. That's
disgraceful. That's a boat designed for a woman. Doesn't surprise me at
all that you would like it.

Wilbur Hubbard