Don White Don White is offline

Default Yo!! Canadian Don...

"Don White" wrote in message
snip
Picked up a replacement light unit for the trailer right side. The old one
was corroded... the plastic back was split open about 3/8th inches and
water would flow in
amd out with each launching. Tomorrow I'll install the new unit so I can
get the trailer safety checked. They gave me until the 30th to get it
done.
Sure was tempted to upgrade to LED rear lights but a set cost $70.00 + tax
up here.

Wasn't happy with the replacement tailight unit I purchased from Canadian
Tire last night.
Even though it is clearly a 'right side' unit...it still had the clear lens
on the bottom. (meant for license plate illumination)
The mechanic who safety inspected my sailboat trailer in July commented on
the same thing.
I called a local boat store and he had what I needed for $27.00... and a 30
mile round trip out.
Decided to swallow my pride and went directly to the closest Wally-Mart....
a 20 minute walk away.
They had exactly what I wanted for $17.00 and it was assembled in Mexico
from US parts. Who would have thought?
Anyway..last nights part goes back for a refund and I have to figure the
best way to join and seal the connecting green/brown wires from the new
taillight unit to the trailers wiring harness. (salt/fresh water
environment)