Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Yo!! Canadian Don...

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:23:15 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
.. .

Those keys get there yet?

Sorry folks - I lost Don't email addy.

Woo hoo! Noticed our mailman walking up to my door as I was reading this
newsgroup.
Sure enough, he delivered your envelope with the two keys and the Lowrance
manual.
First thing, I went out and tried the keys...they were a bit tight so I
flushed the locks with WD40 and will followup with lock graphite when they
dry out.
Question..re spare wheel lock... do I 'screw off' the two pieces of angled
metal?? I've applied WD40 to loosen any corrosion before attempting.

Yes.

re Lowrance sonar
The manual doesn't show one single picture of a transducer...
I want to make sure it's pointing the proper way.
It seems like the 'eye' is at the end of the bullet shaped unit pointing
aft.
On the other hand it would make more sense if the transducer was positioned
in its more streamlined position...as it is now.
note: the bracket doesn't allow me to turn the unit enough do that the
somewhat pointy end is straight up and the flat bottom is down.

The flat end points sternward and the transducer lies parallel to the
bottom of the boat.

I've never owned a depth sounder so these questions may seem silly... but I
do want it set up correctly.

It was set up correctly. :)

No problem - totally understand.