David Martel David Martel is offline

Default Standing rigging Tune up

Jere,

Thanks. This fellow sets the headstay (fore stay) hand tight and then
devotes a lot of time to the shrouds. I follow that but then he announces
that he's done. I don't follow that. He's backed off the head and aft stays
till their loose and then tightened the head stay hand tight. He doesn't
tighten the aft stays at all and doesn't tune the stays to attain any sort
of rake. Hasn't he left out 1/2 the tune up. He's only done the shrouds.
Also, is a Loos gauge a good thing to have. Would a rental center near
the marina be a place to rent one.

Dave M.