posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Daysailor's Portable Stove -- JetBoil

"Bart" wrote
It will boil a cup of water in less than a minute
and two cups in a couple of minutes. It
works so well because it has a heat exchanger
built into the base of the mug. I use it for soup
and tea.

http://jetboil.com/

They also sell a hanging kit I thought would
work well hanging from a boom bail. Rather
than buy that I plan to make my own--if I
ever feel the need.

Would that also work inside from a bracket, like the little "sea-
swing" stoves? Those also work well and are compact.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
Or, you could just heat up some hearty soop and put it in a thermos.

And if you're out long enough that you either run out of soup, or it
gets cold in the thermos.... or you want to heat up something else
like coffee... you're SOL.

A thermos flask is very handy but it does not take the place of a
stove on a small cruising vessel.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King