Tan PS

Default removed distributor but forgot to mark the position of rotor

Yes. Turn the crank until the #1 pistion is at TDC and look at the 2 valve
lifters. Both should be at the bottom of travel. If not at bottom of
travel, it the #6 TDC, turn engine over 1 more revolution.

No need to go out of our way to find the #1 TDC before the valve adjustment,
the reassembly process will bring you there.

As your heads are off, you'll need to adjust the valves after head
reassembly. That is done at 2 engine positions, #1 TDC and #6 TDC. Do that
with #6 first, then #1 and your engine is ready for the distributor.

Hope this helps.

"Han" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the info.
I already took the heads off for a valve job. Is there a way to just
look at the piston?