Molesworth Molesworth is offline

Default Lectrasan Lid broken!

In article ,
NoSeeUm wrote:

We had a new through hull seacock installed on the outlet of our
Lesctrasan.
First day of the season I opened the inlet seacock and strated pumping.
Bang! The cover shattered. I had forgotten to make sure the new outlet
seacock was open. That toilet pump can build plenty of pressure. I fixed
it
with liberal quantities of Marinetex and there has been no leakage.

We have the stove timer control. Works fine.

I have followed Peggys advice and spoken to Mt Willmans at Lectrasan.

Have ordered a new lid ($128.00) and gasket ($28.00).

Looking at the WSM it looks a simple but longwinded exercise to replace
it all, but I take your point making sure the thro-hull is open! (It is).

One thing, Peggy is right about the device not having any pumps. It is a
displacement system - water (from flush pump) pushed soil in and
displacement forces it out the thro-hull.

The motors are purely for mincing.

:-)

--
Molesworth