RGrew176

Default B.O.A.T.

Bring on another thousand. It is time to replace my current props and put them
into service as spares. I have the original equipment Mercruiser Bravo II
drives swinging counterrotating 17 1/2" dia 23 pitch props. At this time only
Mercury seems to make these props as I have called some of the other
replacement prop companies and they do not have my props in stock yet.

The price for the aluminum props is $550 each. The price for the stainless
steel props is $675 each. I am debating whether or not to spend the extra $250
and upgrade to stainless while keeping my current aluminums as spares.

I understand that stainless will give my boat somewhat better all around
performance due to their design, thinner blades, somewhat I am told more cupped
and thus a better bite.

What would you do? Seeking advice.

Thanks in advance.