Skip Gundlach Skip Gundlach is offline

Default Annapolis Sailmakers

Thanks to all who have responded. Currently I'm in contact with
several of the makers; some have not responded to my mail at all
(including Bacon's, despite the direct reference there by a customer).

Most seem similar in pricing, so as is my custom, I'm likely to go
with the most responsive. That, currently, is Neil Pryde, Bruce Empey.
Scott Allen (UK) has responded to me as has Max Skelly (Ullmann-
Skelly), North, Quantum and Doyle, as well as the maker of our current
sail, Omar in BeaufortNC. FWIW, we have a MackPack cover, which works
well, but is on its last legs. Likely we'll sew a new one once we get
the new sail, unless we get lucky and the new one fits into it without
alteration.

We're currently in Sheepshead Bay but are headed to the 79th Street
Boat Basin today to catch up with our Kiwi cruising buddies who left 4
months earlier than we did, and do another couple of days of cruising
around the Manhattan area before heading back to Sandy Hook to pick up
some shipments which have come to my brother's, thence to head south
to Annapolis and environs.

After half a dozen realignments, the alternator finally seems to be in
the right position, as the belt is lasting without fraying - the most
recent one was starting to fray, and had wear patterns on one side; I
suspect the "winds it up" adventure was an exploding fan belt, rather
than a chance bounce putting the vent hose into the belt path.

All is well aboard Flying Pig; Lydia's mom is loving every minute of
it, and our first sail, over from Sandy Hook to Sheepshead Bay, was
very nice. Forecasts of yesterday have it nearly ideal for the trip
today; I've not yet checked today's. No log entries, yet, as it's all
about trips ashore and shopping and runs to West, hardware stores,
NAPA and Best Buy (still yet to come, as I have to replace the
wireless keyboard, but really want to replace the computer, too)...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
Follow us at http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog and/or

(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its
hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)