posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default A good ideal for Doug?

On Sep 4, 8:46 am, "Capt. Rob" wrote:
Cool looking boat

Doug had many good choices for sailing vessels, but he was forced to
pass them up. He even posted about looking at one of the new fast C&C
types, but that his wife wasn't interested in it. Then there are lots
of nice motorsailors out there. I might have teased Doug about such a
boat, but they are cool and at least they can sail. But wifey had the
upper hand and wanted a floating condo for herself. Doug does not have
any sailboats now.

As for Pirates....
Saturday, we were sailing along with a old Seaward on Saturday and it
had some kind of an Irish name. One of our friends wondered aloud if
they were actually Irish and Thomas started yelling to the other boat,
"Are you Irish?! Are you Irish?!"
The funny thing is that they thought he was saying, "Are you
PIRATES?!"
A few moments later they hoisted a pirate flag for Thom!

That was nice of them, I have a pirates sword to slash at the kiddies
with.

You're a lucky fellow, Joe. Do you really appreciate that?

Sure..coming up on 25 yrs sailing together...mostly working.

Most guys
sail bitterly alone...like Scotty, Sloco and so on.

Nothing wrong with sailing alone, I enjoy it.

Few women really
enjoy it all.

It is work for crew, few people relize that sailboats are working
boats, you do not work..you do not move.

Some pressure their hubbies into powerboats of all
thing.

Do tell.

I'm grateful that Suzanne has taken to sailing and keeps eyeing
nice boats for the future.

I hope you find one your family likes enough to not need another
stepping stone.
But hey...if you like switching boats all the time, Im sure that could
be fun too. I just like to know a boat like the back of my hand.

Joe

RB
35s5
NY