Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Volvo MD7B specs and Islander 30

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:38:52 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

I had a MD7B that I purchased new in 1977 or thereabouts. At that
time it was rated at 13 hp. It was 2 cylinders, raw water cooled, and
had a separate alternator (not a Dynastart like the MD1). Mine was a
repower in a 28 ft Westerly weighing around 7,000 lbs. It had plenty
of power for that boat.

Apparently Volvo found ways of increasing hp over the years bur I have
no experience with that.

Looking through the Volvo site for out of production engines, I
believe the one I had was an MD7A, not the MD7B.