posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Fantastic Sailing again!

Winds were pretty good. But they died down more and more as we sailed.
It was a nice sail, but I damaged the leech cord in my 120% and that
****ed me off, even if the repair will be free. I have yet to hoist my
new sail, which is a 150%. I want to try it on a quiet day.
It was blowing just short of whitecaps for the 1st couple of hours.
It's so funny when it blows like that because the heavy stuff comes
out....Cape Dory's, Southern Crosses, Valiants and a lot of old wood
stuff that can really play in a good breeze. There were a ton of
classics out sailing and a real show for our guests in from Ireland.
Next time I'll give you more notice and careful directions. I had a
lot of people on board yesterday, but little help sailing the boat.
That can be a PIA at times.

It's an amazing weather weekend so far.

RB
35s5