jps

Default Anyone have a 13" Whaler on a lift?

In article ,
says...
Greetings,

I just bought a new (to me) 13' Whaler Sport, and need to put it on a
pole lift. I've been looking at the galvanized Tide Tamer 1,200#
model, as they show my exact boat sitting on one on their web site.

What I can't decide is whether to go with the 1,200# or 1,500#
version. The boat and motor evidently weight 800 pounds, so the
1,200# version seems to have sufficient capacity.

What kind of lift are you using?

Thanks!

Be careful when judging weight on a Whaler 'cause they can come in
anywhere between the advertised dry weight and approx. 3 times from
water absorption, additional gear, etc.

Best thing to do is weigh it if you can. Also, sturdier gear will give
you peace of mind. God forbid you have to launch the whaler in less
than hospitable conditions while it's being pitched about...

Great Whaler resource is:
http://continuouswave.com/cgi-
bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

jps