Wayne.B

Default Morse Controls, which lever is...

On 29 Jun 2004 15:53:49 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:
For me, it's easier to "think through" the process (and I run single screws
more easily and instinctively than twins) when the controls for each engine are
together and separated from those of the other engine.

I think most experienced twin engine guys would disagree with that
thinking. The vast majority of low speed maneuvering is done with
only the shifters and it becomes very intuitive to have them together,
usually to the left of the helm although Hatteras is to the right. If
shifter and throttle were together it would be very easy to nail the
throttle by mistake and end up with a moving 50,000 pound problem on
your hands.