posted to alt.sailing.asa
jeff jeff is offline

Default innie vs. outie?

Scotty wrote:
I've always used the standard, but a few days ago my lazy

jib sheet fell
off, so perhaps I'll shift to the Dutch.

it fell off?

Yup. It was the first time the jib was used in a strong breeze after I
had put it back on (it was off for some stitching) so maybe I did a bad
job of tying. There's no way I would have mis-tied, but I might not
have tightened it sufficiently. Also, the dog had been playing with the
sheets, so maybe she somehow untied it!

Off in the morning for a sail to P'town.

Fair winds.

Thanks. After a month in Maine I'm looking forward to no fog!