[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default ferro

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:00:32 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:34:34 +0700,
wrote:

How do you repair ferro after say, a collision. Can you say shipping
container. Those weigh almost forty tons when awash.

Actually they make some sort of almost instant curing "cement"
originally designed to fix leaks in water tanks. The "Fero" boys all
carry that and according to a mate who sailed into a rock at about 7 K
it works real well in fixing holes in fero boats.

The whole point to fero boats was that they are cheap to build.

Good point.

I will check out that quick curing cement, my curiosity is aroused.

Home Pro here sells several brands. But do read the instructions and
where it says, "you have 60 seconds working tim," believe! It is fast.

As others have pointed out, the hull is a relatively small part of
the cost of the finished boat. On a slightly related note, as people
like to say about building a warship with room for growth in equipment
fit: " Steel is cheap. and air is free "

Casady

That is true but not what people who are building a dream want to hear
or believe and most of the ferro boats were built by that kind of
people.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)