KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Mast wiring connectors.

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 24, 4:57 am, "KLC Lewis" wrote:
I seem to recall reading, somewhere, that sailing vessels under 39' can
combine the stern and steaming lights into the masthead tri-color. But I
may
be mistaken.

23 (c) A power-driven vessel of less than 12 meters in length may, in
lieu of lights prescribed in paragraph (a) of this Rule, exhibit an
all-round white light and sidelights.

Which I take to mean that you could use your mast head _anchor_ light
and sidelights under power.

-- Tom.

The mast head and anchor lights are two different things. Mast head light
typically refers to steaming light.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navru...a_masthead.htm

The anchor light is a single white light visible in all directions,
indicating that the vessel is at anchor.

But, yes, you could according to 23(c).

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Since vessels under 12 meters are allowed the masthead lights (red over
green) in lieu of traditional sidelights, wouldn't the masthead tricolor
(red over green over combined white) also comply with that provision?