Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Survey question

On 2007-08-14 19:03:07 -0400, cavelamb himself said:

A surveyor is only responsible for what he or she can find with the
naked eyes and today's technology. This is good enough for the
insurance companies. More so when the surveyor tells you that the
replacement or market value is evaluated at so much that what the
insurance want you to cover your boat for the evaluated amount.

Copy that/\.

This one says...

Market value $49K

Replacement Value $150K

Ours was MV of $15k, replacement $80k. Variance would be higher these
days as market value is in the $5k range now and new "replacement"
boats more expensive. At best, it makes us feel good that we didn't
waste that much money (no matter how much we spend to refit.(almost) )

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD