Lee Martin[_2_] Lee Martin[_2_] is offline

Default chartering in the whitsundays?

"Shaun Van Poecke" wrote in message

you read right ;-)
I was aware vaguely that it was something not allowed, but after reading
your post it has me thinking a bit. What's the story with part-owned
boats for example, are they also required to be in survey, with commercial
registration and insurance? i see ads every now and then for half shares
in cats, and some split up into as much as 1/10 shares. are these
considered as charter boats also?

Thanks,
Shaun

As far as I know, structure of ownership is not an issue. Its whether the
boat is involved in activities for payment. One arrangement that is often a
topic for discussion around barbecues is taking on crew on a shared costs
basis....if the skipper charges them on a daily rate, is that drifting into
a chartering arrangement?

BTW, the whitsundays are truly magnificent, a wonderful cruising ground.
While the costs may look high , just do it! You won't regret it.Read up on
"100 Magic Miles" by David and Carolyn Colfet, and just go.