Shaun Van Poecke Shaun Van Poecke is offline

Default chartering in the whitsundays?

"Lee Martin" wrote in message

For a yacht to be put into legal charter in Queensland it requires
appropriate(and current) certificate of survey, appropriate comercial
registration, and appropriate insurances.Much of the charter fleet is made
up of privately owned boats that have met these requirements, and many of
these owners have put their boats under management.

I read the OP as asking if he could get a cheap, under the counter rate,
outside of the legal system.

you read right ;-)
I was aware vaguely that it was something not allowed, but after reading
your post it has me thinking a bit. What's the story with part-owned boats
for example, are they also required to be in survey, with commercial
registration and insurance? i see ads every now and then for half shares in
cats, and some split up into as much as 1/10 shares. are these considered
as charter boats also?

Thanks,
Shaun