James W. Sloan

Default Fishfinder Opinions?

The Eagle units are actually older model Lowrance ones with a new brand on
them. I had one that was pretty poor (although it did have the worst type of
transudcer possible - shoot thru the hull), I had another that was as good
as you could ever ask for, especially given the price. Remember, the display
is just a, more or less, dumb box. The real care should be taken in
selecting and installing the transducer.

"M.E." wrote in message
I went out and managed to get a good price on the Eagle FishEasy 2... what
are the opinions on that?

Thanks,
Mike

"M.E." wrote in message
I'm looking at purchasing a fishfinder for my 17' Fiberglass boat... I

have
looked at the Garmin 160 and the Hummingbird 300TX but I would like to

get
some opinions...

Any recommendations? The main features I am looking for a

Accuracy
Depth
Fish
Waterproof