Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Boat Dying

"Wayne Brownlee" wrote in message
I have a 98 Searay with fuel injection. It will stall after running for a
while (20 to 30min) and setting (20min) and would start but die
immediately. I can hear the fuel pump pump up when you turn the switch on.
It did this 2 years ago. I replaced the ignition module and the fuel pump
relay. We did not hardly use it last year. We were out today and it ran
alright for well over 30 minutes. We stopped and swam for 30 minutes. I
pulled up to where they hand drifted. We sat for 10-15 minutes and I
started to leave. It started OK but stalled immediately. It would start
but die immediately. We had to be towed into the dock. I am thinking
vapor lock. The fuel filter is new. I replaced the fuel pump in 2000
because of a recall from mercrusier. Anybody have any thoughts.

Check to see that there is very little restriction in the fuel line. Check
the screen in the tank. They seem to have weak low pressure pump. I ran
through 2 fuel filters and had to plumb out one to get pressure.