posted to talk.environment,alt.politics.greens,rec.boats,misc.education
Bob LeChevalier Bob LeChevalier is offline

Default 14 Reason to Deport Illegal Aliens

Day Brown wrote:
Agreed. I have worked with illegals in the field, and know they are
hardworking. Its not about them personally.
It is about the sustainability of this republic, which gets
increasingly doubtful, and illegals are one of the reasons.Gibbon &
Machiavelli both noted that the power elite imported cheap labor into
Rome from tribes that lacked sound republican traditions.

That sounds like an argument against immigration, not illegal
immigration.

This country has had three major waves of immigration before the
current one, and we survived and grew stronger as a result of each.

The immigration wave of the 1880-1920 timeframe was primarily form
countries that lacked republican traditions. We did fine, and became
a superpower on their added impetus.

Mach noted that they also funded the campaigns of demagogues pandering
to ethnicity and religion.

That was far more true in the 19th century than today.

The sheer diversity allow politicians to
say one thing at one place, but another at another, each audience only
hearing what panders. And imagine how much more effective this is if
different languages are used in different places. Hello??

Sounds like good motivation to learn another language.

Then, when elected, they made hidden deals to enrich their backers and
reduced the taxes on the rich, the only people who actually had the
money. Thus, Mach says, the government borrows the money from the
rich. but at some point, some creditor sees that the remaining tax
base is too broke to even service the debt much less pay it off, and
refuses to lend more. There is, as we now say, a "run on the dollar".

That sort of thing happened in 1837, and at other times early in the
nation's history. Nowadays, the dollar is international. Where are
they gonna run? To the ruble? To the yen? To the euro?

The smart money is already getting out of town and moving to remote
places like my neck of Ozark woods, or the Bitterroot Valley Jared
Diamond writes about. Housing prices are still rising dramatically in
Alaska and Arkansas. prolly doing pretty well in Canada too.

They have a long way to go to catch up with southern California, which
hasn't suffered much decline in real estate prices for being an
immigration magnet. Nor has Washington DC.

Power elites dont read history, they make history. And cause they dont
read it, they keep repeating it.

Why should there be a power elite in a democratic republic?

lojbab