posted to rec.boats.building
volleybiggs volleybiggs is offline

Default Intersted in building a tri using hobie cat hulls

and I replied:

Ylou have had some replies. Any thoughts?

Well actually I went and looked at and it turns out it was not a 18
foot hobie. It is a catamaran but it is 14 or 16 foot long. I am not
sure of the brand but the hulls and the part that connects are all one
piece. You know you dont take that metal tube piece off like the
hobies to seperate everything. The hulls are red and the part that
connects is red as well. He said it was a solcat but I did not see
anywhere on the net a solcat that looked like this.It is free but it
does not come with a trailer but I have a trialer. I am not sure if it
is worth the trouble. Finding a sail for an old catamaran can not be
easy. It looks fast and fun but without a sail it is just something to
clutter up my back yard to. ha ha ha

This fellow is a bit of pack rack and his wife told him he had to get
rid of 4 of his 6 old windsufers, the cat, and a 24 foot sailboat
that was gone before I got there. I am into windsurfing so I took
the windsurfers off his hands.

I saw this boat on the net called The Hoot. I will probably post a
question as to if it will work or not but he gave me this huge bic
board 12 or 14 feet long can float 2 adults easily. So I thought about
adding wings making a mast holder for it and rigging this up. Mainly
for my friends who can not windsurf.
this is alink to my idea
http://www.gohoot.com/gallery.html
Any thoughts?