posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Intersted in building a tri using hobie cat hulls

On Jul 25, 1:34 pm, volleybiggs wrote:
I have a free hobie 18 foot cat without sails but with mast boom. The
Tramp would need to be replaced. The hulls are solid. I have been
trying to come with ideas with what to do with it.
I built a puddle duck racer and thought of making a trimaran using the
hobie cat hulls.
This looks like something fun to make at this linkhttp://www.nauticaltrek.com/images/tri_kersall_2.jpg
Does anyone have any cool ideas to do with the hobie cat hulls?

Build a simple plywood dory style hull for the middle. Another thought
I just had was to have the side hulls forward or backward as opposed
to folding up. Would make the hull longer on the trailer, but easier
to set up, maybe?? Anyway, go ahead and beat it up guys.