posted to rec.boats.building
us us is offline

Default Intersted in building a tri using hobie cat hulls

"volleybiggs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a free hobie 18 foot cat without sails but with mast boom. The
Tramp would need to be replaced. The hulls are solid. I have been
trying to come with ideas with what to do with it.
I built a puddle duck racer and thought of making a trimaran using the
hobie cat hulls.
This looks like something fun to make at this link
http://www.nauticaltrek.com/images/tri_kersall_2.jpg
Does anyone have any cool ideas to do with the hobie cat hulls?

That is a quite trimaran.
Not sure if it uses the Hobie hulls or not, as the page came up in a non
English language, so I was lost.
I have had 4 trimarans so far.
Present is a Farrier 680 folding tri.
I will never go back to any other design, unless I decide to do some deep
water sailing.
At my age, I can not demount or lift the outer hulls anymore.
If I lived on a harbor somewhere, a non folding would be nice.
But if I had to pay mooring fees, not so nice.
No one boat fits everyone.
I assume you have googled for any ideas.
Tremolo is about the only tri I know of that had success with Hobie hulls.
Good luck, a trimaran is a very neat boat.