roger[_2_] roger[_2_] is offline

Default Sailing Haiti

On Jul 21, 1:51 am, sherwindu wrote:
Many years ago, I was forced to make an unscheduled stop in a small town off the

Windward Passage in Haiti. Many of the people were friendly, but I did not feel

comfortable there. I don't know about now, but then there were stories of
people
stealing boats, trying to join your crew illegally, etc. Someone did approach
me with
a request to hitch a ride to the USA. Thank goodness I turned him down.

It's a rough world out there,

Sherwin D.

wrote:
I recently returned from a pretty exciting cruise to Haiti (and Cuba).
I plan to go back to Haiti next year, and hope to get in touch with
other sailors who have an interest in that fascinatng country. Some
pictures and stories from our cruise are online:

http://web.mac.com/geertvanderkolk/i...and_cuba_photo...

Looking forward to some feedback!

Geert van der Kolk

We were in Port-au-Prince many years ago when the political situation
was un-nerving. We were enroute to the Dominican Republic but had to
stop in for repairs. It was not a country I would want to cruise.