posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Slips are for women and other pussies.

You know of course, that BS is going to tell you how his marina (or "club"
as he likes to call it) is different from all other marinas.

Actually BoatUS and other clubs like to call it that. But perhaps you
can educate everyone and tell us what other local facility offers what
our club does:

1) Slips with internet, power, storage and water
2) Dedicated dinghy dock (not doing double duty like most clubs with
their little docks)
3) Fish cleaning station (yep...lots of folks still love fishing)
4) Full service repairs, hauling and land storage
5) Free moorings to members
6) 24 hr security
7) Discounts for members to better restaurants on the Island
8) Discounts with two major sail lofts
9) Discounts with West Marine and Boat US.
10) Best water access bar none in the area, coupled with the best
protection from weather.
11) Large party deck overlooking the water with 4 gas grills free for
all members to use for parties and cookouts.

And what does Dave's club have? Moorings and a restaurant you MUST eat
at as part the membership. Our club has a voting board who were clever
enough to close up our clubhouse because most members prefered to be
boating, rather than paying too much for beer. Now if Dave was honest,
he'd explain that moorings outnumber slips 200 to 1 on the LIS. Slips
are hard to come by, especially at full service places like mine.
So go ahead, Dave. Tell everyone what other places offers all of that
here. Sure. It costs a lot more than your place, but I can safely say
that everyone who brings a sailboat from a mooring is willing to pay
it and never wants to be on a mooring again unless forced by finances.
THE LIS is a PROTECTED sailing ground and most folks would be happier
in a slip if they were available and affordable.

RB
35s5
NY