Bob_R Bob_R is offline

Default US Pride Of Baltimore southbound b

"joevan" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:57:28 -0400, "Paul McGrane"
wrote:

"Bob_R" wrote in message
"Paul McGrane" wrote in message

"There once was a ship called Friendship
Who wasn't so friendly at all.
'Specially after being called
The Pride of Baltimore."
vbg

I never could write poetry.
And I've proven it once again.
Regardless, the pictures are real nice - thanks!
Bob

Bob's little poem is absolutely correct this is the "Friendship" :-)
Thanks for pointing it out Bob!

Paul

Right you are. Saved as Friendship, corrected. Actually his poetry is
perty good but not as good as his eye and observation. The height from
the water, and the raking masts are a dead giveaway.

Thanks Joevan.
I had an unfair advantage over Paul. He was bouncing around on the water,
trying to avoid the other boats, the rocks, the Coast Guard, staying out of
the channel and such. I was standing on dry, unmoving land and had a
printout of the ships laying beside me.
With a name like Friendship, it seemed like an opportunity to have some fun
with words.
Bob