Default US Pride Of Baltimore southbound b

Attached Thumbnails
US Pride Of Baltimore southbound b-prideofbaltimore_southboundnewportri_july07b.jpg

"Paul McGrane" wrote in message

"There once was a ship called Friendship
Who wasn't so friendly at all.
'Specially after being called
The Pride of Baltimore."
vbg

I never could write poetry.
And I've proven it once again.
Regardless, the pictures are real nice - thanks!
Bob

"Bob_R" wrote in message
"Paul McGrane" wrote in message

"There once was a ship called Friendship
Who wasn't so friendly at all.
'Specially after being called
The Pride of Baltimore."
vbg

I never could write poetry.
And I've proven it once again.
Regardless, the pictures are real nice - thanks!
Bob

Bob's little poem is absolutely correct this is the "Friendship" :-)
Thanks for pointing it out Bob!

Paul

Paul,

Others have already noted that the vessel posted isn't the "Pride of
Baltimore".

The "Pride of Baltimore" was launched Feb. 27, 1977, and was tragically lost
May 14, 1986, along with her Captain, and three members of her crew.

The currently operating tallship, "Pride of Baltimore II" was comissioned in
1988. She is larger than the original "Pride of Baltimore", and has many
modern safety upgrades that weren't built into the original.

While I have never seen the "Pride of Baltimore II". I did see the original
"Pride of Baltimore" when she visited my home town many years ago. She was a
beautiful ship, with a fine crew, and I cried when I heard of her sinking.

Ken

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:57:28 -0400, "Paul McGrane"
wrote:

"Bob_R" wrote in message
"Paul McGrane" wrote in message

"There once was a ship called Friendship
Who wasn't so friendly at all.
'Specially after being called
The Pride of Baltimore."
vbg

I never could write poetry.
And I've proven it once again.
Regardless, the pictures are real nice - thanks!
Bob

Bob's little poem is absolutely correct this is the "Friendship" :-)
Thanks for pointing it out Bob!

Paul

Right you are. Saved as Friendship, corrected. Actually his poetry is
perty good but not as good as his eye and observation. The height from
the water, and the raking masts are a dead giveaway.

wrote:

"Bob_R" wrote in message
"Paul McGrane" wrote in message

"There once was a ship called Friendship
Who wasn't so friendly at all.
'Specially after being called
The Pride of Baltimore."
vbg

I never could write poetry.
And I've proven it once again.
Regardless, the pictures are real nice - thanks!
Bob

Bob's little poem is absolutely correct this is the "Friendship" :-)
Thanks for pointing it out Bob!

Paul

Right you are. Saved as Friendship, corrected. Actually his poetry is
perty good but not as good as his eye and observation. The height from
the water, and the raking masts are a dead giveaway.

Thanks Joevan.
I had an unfair advantage over Paul. He was bouncing around on the water,
trying to avoid the other boats, the rocks, the Coast Guard, staying out of
the channel and such. I was standing on dry, unmoving land and had a
printout of the ships laying beside me.
With a name like Friendship, it seemed like an opportunity to have some fun
with words.
Bob

[IMG] code is On

US Pride Of Baltimore southbound a Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 July 7th 07 04:24 PM
US Pride Of Baltimore- Newport RI Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 3 July 7th 07 04:16 PM
Bobsprit's Pride Gilligan ASA 2 October 26th 06 08:13 PM
NYC GAY PRIDE PARADE Thom Stewart ASA 1 June 26th 06 02:46 AM
Pride of Baltimore dismasted Roger Long Cruising 0 September 11th 05 11:46 PM