Peggie Hall

Default How do I get a hose on a fitting?

The problem is the fitting, Lloyd...you'll never get it onto a gray pvc
1.5" hose without damaging the hose 'cuz nominal 1.5" thread x 1.5"
barbed is actual 1.5" thread x 1 5/8" barbed.

Stop by your local boat store and pick up a nylon 1.5" fitting...the
barbs on those are 1.5". Warm the hose--don't overheat it!--and put a
little dish soap on the inside of it and on the fitting. You should be
able to get it the hose onto it. I can.

Try heating any hose that has to come OFF a fitting or a thru-hull.

I thought you said you'd bought my book...you might consider reading it
...'cuz all of the above is in it.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
Hi,

I'm just back from my boat, exhausted from trying to get the Fancy
$13/ft sewage hose onto a fitting. I just can't get it on: I've tried
spit, bacon grease, twisted and pushed until my hands are red and swollen,
and I can't get it on.

Any hints?

Also, there's an old hose that's been on for at least 15 years that
needs to come off the head thru-hull. It's actually diesel intake hose, 1
1/2". I can barely get at it. Again, any hints on how to get it off?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36