Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default WiFi and Cellular Internet on Boats

"Alan Spicer" wrote in message
.. .
"Capt. JG" wrote in message

I use idockusa.com while on my boat in the marina. They have decent
coverage and speed. I believe they have some agreement with Broadband
Xpress for locations other than California.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

* Interesting. I checked out that site idockusa.com. I also stopped by
your web site. I'm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida but one of my yacht
customers is over there somewhere. MY Maximus II.

Anyway I take it you're getting enough signal on a laptop not to have to
put an external antenna or amplifier?

---

Definitely enough... I'd say it's near DSL speed, although I haven't run any
of the available tests. When I was in Richardson Bay Marina, the signal
strength was ok I guess, but I wasn't really happy with it, and I was
considering an external antenna or amp, but when I moved marinas, the change
for the better was dramatic. I have trouble with cell service at the new
place, but not for WiFi.

I'm not familiar with the boat... sorry.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com