virtual virtual is offline

Default Sailing instruments - need new one - recommendations?

In article , wrote:

My old Signets are tired after 31 years. Looking for new ones -
Important - very reliable (never need repairs) - inexpensive - long
lasting. Not important - integrated - networked - laptop connected -
autopilot connected. No racer, geek, dreamer stuff needed.

I have just replaced a depth sounder which had given me years of
faithful services by a Hummingbird Piranha 15 fish finder. The sensor is
glued inside the hull (no hole, no mess).

I had to use a bit of ingenuity to embed it flat against the bulkhead to
make sure it does not snag the lines.

I am fairly satisfied. The other instrument is an analog SRMariner log
which came with the boat.

No wind, no autopilot. I do not need a wind indicator as the wind is
always right in my nose no matter where I go.

I also have aGPS Garmin 12 which does everything I need.

For the fancy stuff, I am in the process of turning an old McIntosh
iBook into a chartplotter using GPSNavX as software and USGlobalSat
BU-353 as dedicated GPS.

--
Resources to play the guitar for fun and relaxation

http://www.virtualguitarcenter.com