[email protected] jarrod_taylor@mac.com is offline

Default Teleflex pin keeps popping out! Help!

Yeahm I don't know that it's in right. It's been semi-functional but
pops out sometimes on a hard turn. I'm putting it inline parallel to
the steering cable, it fits in a little channel but doesn't go in far.
I'm wondering if it should go in the hole also on the helm, which
makes more sense to me. I may just remove it all and get a better look
at it. My engine is running like a top now, new steering...so I'm
looking foward to finishing these other minor glitches soon.
This whaler is an '82 and there's many rail screws that are loose.
What will be the best fix? Bigger screws, or epoxying the holes and
redrilling? Next big job is removing the anti fouling, it's a mess and
I only will use this boat on freshwater any way and dry stored.

wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:46:43 -0700, wrote:

I've installed new steering on my 17' Montauk. Teleflex no feedback.
The hitch pin keeps popping free with some right turns. Is this a
design flaw or am I missing something? If I have too, I'll retrofit a
bolt in the helm to retain the cable. It was a pain today on the lake
having to stop and replace the pin many times.

You mean the safety pin? Are you putting it in right? I know mine
screwed with me the first time I took it out and my neighbor showed me
I had it in wrong. The pictogram on the unit is sort of cryptic