posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default 1D35--first races

Maxprop wrote:
"Edgar" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

Saturday and Sunday were our first races in the new (to us) one-design
class. Fortunately they were pre-season, and not scored. We were
abysmal for the first two. My three additional crew are two young men
with extensive dinghy experience and a middle-aged woman who has
forgotten more about sail trim and tactics than most sailors will ever
know. I'm lucky to have such great people. I hope they'll stay with me
for most of the season. Some crew changes are expected and normal, as
peoples' schedules have conflicts, but good crew seem to be plentiful
where we race.

Sounds like a great weekend. But do not let her know you called her
'middle aged' (:-

I was being polite. She's a shade over 60, but I'd put her up against any
30 year old in terms of strength, fitness, knowledge of racing and tactics,
and just plain good looks. She's amazing. She calls herself "an old hag,"
but she could easily pass for a healthy mid-40s. My wife and she hit it off
instantly. I think they are conspiring against me, planning to do something
dastardly.

Max

Probably well deserved....