posted to rec.boats.building
KD6EVM KD6EVM is offline

Default Plans for Whaler Sport type hull?

wrote:
Anybody know of any plans preferably stitch and glue, for a small
13-15 foot sport boat with a similar shape or performance as the 13
foot sport whalers, trihull design? Or any other suggestions for
small, light open fishing boat, preferably not a pointy hull or single
V, but not flat bottomed either, that would fish one person, and fly
with a 25 horse? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
NOTE: I have a lot of experience with resin and cloth/glass and good
wood working capabilities/shop and have done stitch and tape too, so I
can take on a more difficult build without much problem.

You're asking for a lot. The whaler hull is pretty complex. You might
want to check out the Diablo or Diablo Grande:

http://www.instantboats.com/diablog.htm

If you have done stitch and tape you are probably already familiar with
the Payson boats. IMO, performance is not the whaler's strong suit but
rather safety and stability derived from whaler's sandwiched foam core
construction. There may be some buildable designs basrd on the
Livingston hulls that would meet your needs. If anyone knows of a
Livingston tack and tape knock-off I would be interested in seeing it.

Tom