Molesworth Molesworth is offline

Default AGM Leisure battery 110AH arrived flat

In article ,
Larry wrote:

tlindly wrote in news:1180424314.345874.99050
@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

show something less depending {I reckon} on their quality]

I love the "quality" hype. One plate is lead. One plate is lead
dioxide. The electrolyte is gauze soaked with a dilute solution of
H2SO4. The quality is in the label and plastic case.

Torn apart, and I have torn them apart, I don't see any quality inside.
You gotta go to a "quality" battery factory to believe it. Exide makes
"quality" batteries. Their plant was in Sumter, SC. It wasn't like a
laboratory, I can tell you. It's a dirty, nasty, smelly business making
batteries. You wouldn't wanna work there....(c; None of them are made
in a laboratory just for you.

snip

This reminds me of an article in a 1950's 'Practical Motorist' regarding
resuscitating old batteries.

It showed diagrammes of the old battery with the bottom edge of the
plates eaten away (before). Their article explained that you should cut
off the top of the battery and reverse these plates (after), as the
electrolysis worked at the bottom and reversing the plates doubled the
life...

They also had an article about how to build a sidecar out of an old
greenhouse..

:-)

Molesworth