posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

Default MarineMax service

On May 25, 7:51 am, Jeff wrote:
* Messing In Boats wrote, On 5/25/2007 5:43 AM:

I recently brought mt boat into their Wrightsville Beach, SC facility
for repair. Their tech misdiagnosed the problem and replaced all my
fuel filters instead of finding the one bad fuel injector. Then they
wanted to rebuild or replace all the injectors and the injector pump,
so I pulled out and found someone else...

Hmmm. Replace filters before pulling the injectors for testing. That
sounds reasonable. But why wouldn't you have done that yourself?
Rebuild all injectors once some of them show a problem? Maybe,
depends on the age.

It sounds to me like you didn't want to do the basic
maintenance/diagnostics and now you're complaining. FWIW, I've been
in exactly the same situation, and the moral I learned is that I
should be able to do almost all of the work on the boat. That way, I
don't pay someone else $200 to change a filter.

I agree on that one. If you're doing the work yourself then it is
more of an option to just replace a couple of bad injectors and see
how it goes. Knwoing that you can stick a couple more in if needed.
Worst thing about injectors is pulling them as they are usually in
there pretty good. Shop can't afford to take that approach.