Jeff Jeff is offline

Default tide clock

* wrote, On 5/20/2007 10:20 AM:
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Are you saying that the clock is unreliable, or that the tides are
unreliable? And if you used a tide table, what clock do you use to know
what time it is?

Actually, if I were going through the reversing falls in St. John I would
be synchronizing my clocks with GPS time and consulting the tables. Of
course they do have traffic lights to help you.

I would be curious as to how constant the tides are there - how closely do
they follow the lunar cycles? And are they greatly affected by weather
conditions?

"Of course they do have traffic lights to help you."
You're jocking. No there are no traffic light to helps.
In some countries when you use canals you may see signal lights controlling
access to locks but not in the reversing falls.

Sorry, I thought I remembered something about lights as you approach
the falls that indicate slack tide. But of course I can't find
anything about that now, and all my guide books are on the boat.