posted to rec.boats.electronics
Stewart Vane-Tempest Stewart Vane-Tempest is offline

Default LF 12 volt LCD monitor 15 to 17 inch

I"b393capt" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 12, 5:13 am, Jack Erbes wrote:
PR wrote:
Thank you for that advice Hanz - it seems to be a good idea. I'm
actually
sourcing for a marine customer so I'll offer them that solution. Boats
definitely would have an unstable DC supply.

Russ

Another option to consider is using a small/cheap DC to AC inverter with
a LCD that has an AC power input. Small inverters are getting pretty
cheap (especially the modified sine wave stuff) and they are not too bad
as far as the power draw for a smaller load.

They must have inverters up there in the Canadian woods by now, aye? We
got em down here in Maine now, they're wicked cheap too. Yep, you
betcha...

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jackerbes at adelphia dot net
(also receiving email at jacker at midmaine.com)

A DC-DC solutions uses much less power then an inverter, and is
entirely silent (if you use line isolators to eliminate any ground
feedback, for example when connecting a DVD player, etc.)

I use a small DC stabiliser from a UK company called Amperor. It works very
well indeed.
http://www.amperordirect.co.uk/produ...Stabiliser.asp

Stewart