Larry Larry is offline

Default Raymarine ST1000 cable mystery

"Roger Long" wrote in
:

I've done some Google searching and can't find anything. I'll call
Raymarine tomorrow but they must be getting a lot of calls about this.
I can't be the only one who wants to use my remote without any other
SeaTalk units in between.

If anyone knows a link to the proper pin out diagram, please save me a
call.

--

http://raymarine.com/raymarine/Submi...opilots/ST1000
Plus&2000PlusTillerPilot.pdf

http://raymarine.com/raymarine/Submi...acy_Handbooks/
Autopilot/ST1000.pdf
Ah...that's better. This the one?

Look on page 49, ST1000 manual (sideways, dammit Raymarine!) It won't
rotate, either. 3 wires. +12, ground, seatalk.

On page 59 is the Seatalk to NMEA0183 converter box to get it to talk to
other stuff. 58 shows the remote control. Now, let's go to the
controller manual!

http://raymarine.com/raymarine/Submi...opilots/pilot_
handheld_remote.pdf
Here's your hookup...right on page 4...the controller uses Seatalk! It
plugs into a jack, Seatalk Cable D177 which just gives it a plug so you
can keep those light fingered transients from stealing it by locking it
up. Do you have the D177 that shows on page 4? If not, buy one from
Raymarine or the local dealer (pfat chance he's gonna have it).
D177 has the familiar 3 wires...red +12, screen (ground), yellow(data) of
any Seatalk gadget. It needs a separate 5A fuse, as you can see.

I bet the guy that had it had the mounted STxxxx display in his panel the
controller plugged into and threw the cable that came with it away long
ago. So, you either have to find a panel controller with the plug for it
or get this D177 cable, if it still exists.

I bet if we cut the plug off the end of the remote controller, we'll find
red and yellow and shield(ground) wires inside....negating having to buy
anything except some kind of cable clamp to keep you from pulling the
wires off a raw installation. That remote is a seatalk gadget that will
plug into any of the Seatalk autopilots...even an ST6000 on a page
further back!

There ya go! Now can I have the hand-autographed commemorative Titanic
crew picture?.....please??....(c; Need a crack electronic technician on
that next voyage with great references??

Larry W4CSC (some crew members come with Extra Class ham radio licenses,
which is handy...(c