Dennis Pogson Dennis Pogson is offline

Default Request for balearics forecast.

wrote:
Hi all,it might seem a bit odd but we are stuck in formentera without
access to internet ,just the google groups through themarina server
is
allowed to be accessed.We would be gratefull if anyone can post the
forecast for balearics ,or palos ,or any other forecast for the area
in a message here ,so we can have an indication of what to expect.we
get the vhf forecast but it is only for 24 hours ,not enough to plan
a passage to sardegnia.
Anyone ?
please if posted try to make it text only so we dont use much
bandwidth.
regards from the rainy baleares ....
George

If you had satellite TV, you could watch the Americas Cup from Valencia and
judge the weather from that. The commentators seem to be able to forecast
well ahead. Scotland is basking in bright sunshine at the present time, but
there is a large low centred over Spain, with occluded fronts extending
towards the Balearics, and an occluded front over Italy. Last night's match
between Manchester United and AC Milan was an absolute washout.

There is a massive high in mid-Atlantic which is causing the lows to slide
southwards towards the Med. You may get a gap in a couple of days time, but
after this the weather will deteriorate again.

Spain is shown on all the European weather maps as the worst place to be for
the next couple of days.

Looking at the isometric chart for the area, I would wait a couple of days
before leaving. You may be able to view this at
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/bracka.html in an Internet Cafe.

Dennis.