posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Here there be dictators.

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
In article ,
katy wrote:

Then they will put the bill through with a 2/3rd's majority vote..if
that doesn't happen, then it was not the people's will....

That's pretty naive even for you.

That's the way the Constitution works...if you don't like it, get a
petition going to change it...you'll need quite a few signatures and
quite a few states..will keep you very busy for quite some time...

I guess you never heard of lobbies and the money influence they have
on our elected officials. Do a google search on Jack Abramoff.

Neveretheless, we have a Constitutional government that spells out how
the people can remedy these ills. If the people are not willing to speak
up and take hold, then it's on their heads, lobbyists or no lobbyists.
And if lobbyists are money buying power, then start supporting the
lobbyist of your choice. Why do you think the NRA is so powerful? Lots
of regular everyday people contribute to them. Why is the AMA and the
NEA (both liberal I may add) so powerful? Becasue doctors and teachers
give their money to that specific cause. Blaming loobyists and money
interests is just another cop out that the average American uses to
justify their apathy and ennui in their own government. The American
people get exactly what they deserve.