posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default How many more?

In article . com,
Bill wrote:
My argument is not about fear. I am not saying that I need a gun but
rather I need my rights to not be infringed, gun ownership being one
of them. If you want to talk about fear how about the fear of guns

There is nothing in the Constitution that gives you that "right."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut...ml#amendmentii
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
infringed.

one more time to be dramatic: the right of the people to keep and
bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Seems pretty clear to me.

It's clear when you leave off the first part... "a well regulated
militia" doesn't give an individual the right to own a gun unless
they're part of a WELL REGULATED militia.

I didn't say that at all. I didn't mention you or banning guns at
all. Can you read?

You've said it repeatedly. I'll let you look it up, since you wrote
it.

What facts? You have stated none but only your opinions. You have
shown no imperical evidence that stricter gun control laws will
prevent any crime only what you, a non-expert, think.

I am entitled to my opinions, and I believe that at a minimum we need
to enforce the laws that currently exist. Fact.. we don't. Fact... you
don't have any evidence, except what that you claim to consult to with
people who "know." Sorry, but that's not actually a fact.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com