posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maynard G. Krebbs Maynard G. Krebbs is offline

Default Pussies of a Feather

On 29 Apr 2007 19:38:47 -0700, wrote:

Charlie Morgan wrote:
Max, you are an idiot, in addition to not knowing anything about guns. I use 500
grain cartridges, and everybody who actually knows anything about guns knows
that the 45-70 rifle has an effective range of 2 miles or better.

So tell us more about this rifle you claim to have owned. What kind
was it? I'm also curious how you got a good sight picture with the
stock "braced against a small tree."

DSK

I think he means the range is 2 miles. The effective range of the
45-70 Government is around 300 yards if the shooter is skilled.
Mark E. Williams
PS...Don't let me interupt the fun. )