Don W Don W is offline

Default 'Ghost yacht' found off Australia

Peter Hendra wrote:
Finished thank God Don. All the hardware is back on.
snip

However.... was due to put it up but had a problem with deck paint. In
my rush and general tiredness due to extreme heat and long hours,
proved myself to be stupid. I mixed the epoxy deck paint (had already
done some) 4:1 with the hardner - carefully measured. After a whole
day the paint had not dried. Found that I had mixed from a quart tin
of blue boot top resin with a gallon of deck paint resin. Resin +
resin = one sticky mess to take off - dumber than dumb. I did think at
the time that it was strange that they had coloured the hardner as
well.

Arghhhh. It is always something isn't it?

Yard foreman kindly got his father to organise two men (what are
called in New Zealand '"Hairies") to scrape it off tomorrow for TT$200
US$32.25 per day each. Mast is booked to be raised tomorrow
afternoon. If the damned thing had been up I would have suspended
myself by the neck from the spreaders and, if I weren't a Moslem, I
would still be drunk today.

Mast and rigging looks good though. My bronze fittings and poured
bronze sockets are gleaming in the sun with the newly poured metal to
hold the 1x19 wire in place.

cheers
Peter

I didn't have consistent internet access in the
UK, but I'm back at home now. Hope your boat is
looking good and back in the water now.

Regards,

Don W.