posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Concrete world

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:06:27 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.1000days.net/images/press...ingout_300.jpg

Plans on 1000 days at sea, non-stop.

Archetypal example of why I'd never own a ferrocement boat: ugly.

Max

While this one is bad ugly, I spent 8 days on one on a leg of a trip
moving it from Annapolis to Pensacola. A 42 foot pilot house Ketch.
It was very nice looking, had great classic lines, and was well
constructed by a yard, that according to the owner, observed the
method of continuous, wet, monolithic, forming of the hull.

The reason I wouldn't own one is the same reason the owner finally
sold it. Seems, you cannot get insurance at a reasonable cost.

Frank