posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default I'm green with envy

On Apr 19, 8:39 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com...

It amazes me that Rob is so shook up that I mentioned RedCloud raced
in a few major regetta's.

He even called me a liar...can you imagine?

Bob it's not a big deal, many boats race offshore long distance, I
swear, Honest Injun!

He's half right on the lake sailing. I'm sailing a dink thats been
modified and it's hard to tell if I'm doing good compared to the other
boats. So tonight I walked over to Bens shop here in the shipyard and
asked if I could crew on his boat.

He said sure;0) Thanks for the encourgement Rob, I'll be racing on
the fastest Star in Texas.

Joe

Do tell us about the dink. What did you do to it?

--
"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

Made a bigger rudder. Bigger sails from another boat, not sure what
type, they are yellow and black striped and have a black albatross &
3/4 battens. The sails were like new, and they fit. My old sails came
off a snipe. Also had the rake the mast a bit more. I have next to
zero chance of ever winning against the boats out her with her, but
she's fun to kick about, and makes a great towed dink. I've also
drilled holes in the upper transom to mount the outboard plate. Also
added a thick rub rail as she stay in the slip next to Redcloud.

Joe